Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Text Area - 400 Bad Request Error (Apex 3.0.0.00, Oracle 9.2.0.8)
Text Area - 400 Bad Request Error [message #304312] Tue, 04 March 2008 17:47 Go to next message
brianrhyolite
I am having a problem with putting a large amount of text into text areas.

I did the following. Create a new page. Create an HTML region within that page. Create a text area within that region. Set the Maximum Width to 9999999. Create a button within the region that submits the page and goes to the same page.

If I put a small amount of text, say "aaaaaaaaaaa" in the text area and press the button, it just submits the page and goes back to the same page, no problem.

In fact, I have found that I can put up to 32512 bytes in the text area and press the button to submit the page, and it works fine.

However, if I put 32513 bytes in the text area and press the button to submit the page, I get a 400 Bad Request error.

I have read that there is no limit to the amount of text you can put in a text area. Also, I explicitly set the Maximum Width to 9999999.

What is my problem? Why can't I put more text into this text area?
Re: Text Area - 400 Bad Request Error [message #304561 is a reply to message #304312] Wed, 05 March 2008 11:52 Go to previous message
brianrhyolite
In case anyone is interested, someone in another forum pointed me to this example:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/packaged_apps/packaged_apps.html#LARGE

I think that was exactly what I was looking for.
Previous Topic: How to run procedure in Apex object browser
Next Topic: delete disturbs the page and throws error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:52:01 CDT 2024