Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » conectivity of oracle 9i and forms 6i (oracle 9i and d2k 6i)
conectivity of oracle 9i and forms 6i [message #306214] Thu, 13 March 2008 05:32 Go to next message
ibbu2u

Dear guys

i have a problem in connecttin my oracle with,d2k
as i have installed

oracle:
D:\oracle\ora90\network\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora

DEVELOPER:
E:\oracle\ora90\NET80\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA

now when i am cliking on tnsnames.ora it is not able to open at all......what i hav to for this.........please give me deatail ssolution for this

and from where i hav to copy from d to e
or e to d

regards
ibrahim hashmi
Re: conectivity of oracle 9i and forms 6i [message #306347 is a reply to message #306214] Thu, 13 March 2008 16:49 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Clicking on TNSNAMES.ORA? What is this supposed to do?

Did you make sure that Oracle database is up and running? Can you connect to it through SQL*Plus (run from D:\oracle\ora90\bin)? If so, everything is fine with the database.

Now go to D:\oracle\ora90\network\admin, copy TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA and paste them into the E:\oracle\ora90\NET80\ADMIN. That should be enough. If not, you can always use Net Configuration Assistant.

Also, it would be a good idea to maintain only one copy of TNSNAMES.ORA. In order to do that, create environment variable called TNS_ADMIN and point it to a directory which will hold TNSNAMES.ORA file; for example
C:\> SET TNS_ADMIN=C:\MY_ORA_FILES
Previous Topic: Connection Problem with Oracle
Next Topic: ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:30:35 CDT 2024